Some of you have read Beach Cottage Haven already. I’m humbled by that and the beautiful feedback from my early readers. I’ve had five and four-star reviews which is every author’s ideal. This story was emotional for me to write and I hope that is conveyed in the pages.
As you know my stories are multilayered, including family, pets, unsavoury characters, quirky Aussie characters, capable, kind women and protective but vulnerable men. They are set on beaches around the world but this story is closer to home.
Blueshell Beach is a fictional town on the Sunshine Coast but it’s a little bit Port Macquarie (my upbringing), and my new home of three years.
There are strong female friendships.
- Family isn’t always how we plan it and you don’t have to be related to be family.
- Men who love pets melt my heart.
- Keegan already has Gus, the dog, by his side but soon has to cope with a litter of abandoned kittens. Smoosh!
- Pepper can build a house on her own, but it endearingly clumsy.
- Forewarning, she also swears, but it’s integral to the story.
- Funnily enough, I had a beta reader refuse to read because of that and it’s not like it’s in the story all that often. I can’t please everyone it seems. Ha, ha!
- Keegan is hot, particularly when practising yoga headstands or while surfing (both he needs to cope with PTSD).
- He’s even hotter when in the company of his son, Joe, who he’s trying to gain shared custody of.
- The fact that he is kind to his unreasonable ex-wife also gets a tick.
- Themes of grief, muteness, PTSD and suicide are included but handled with care.
- Though there’s suspense and a not-so-friendly character, there are also plenty of laugh-out-loud moments to break the tension.
- Better keep your tissues handy when Pepper ventures into the garage where her father suicided.
- Love – pet love, father love, mother love, teen love, family love, romantic love, friendship love, sibling love – it’s all there!
So, will you give it a go? I know there are plenty of beautiful books to choose from but please put it in your to be-read-pile (even if it’s as high as Leanne Wright’s pile). She’s a librarian, what can I say?If you like reading from a Kindle, iPad or paperback, you can buy either on Amazon. My website sells the paperbacks direct to you and I’ll sign if you wish.Oh, and a big thank you to Esther and Martin for being the first to purchase copies of Beach Cottage Haven. I am eternally grateful for your support. If anyone purchased through the Amazon pre-order period, thank you to you too.
Yours truly in love-stories, happiness, writing and reading,
P.S. Stay safe, healthy and happy.